Friday, July 24, 2009

Baby Blues


I don't think I even came close to capturing the crystal blue of one-year-old Kaniel's eyes. They are the very definition of "baby blues." So vibrant and almost clear in the center. These shots were grabbed in between his frantic exploration of the green space and also eating lots of organic outdoor materials such as sticks, leaves, dirt, and grass. But at the very end he flirted with his mom and I through the slats on a porch and it was like all of a sudden he realized what we had been trying so hard to get him to do. Made me remember that sometimes you get your best shots at the very beginning with kids, but sometimes you decide to "try one last thing" and it's worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Julie! Thank you so much for capturing this sweet face! It's weird, I see him all day, but when I look at these photos, I feel like I'm really "seeing" him. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling little girl....great pictures..

    ReplyDelete